Air Leak Sealing for Increased Home Energy Efficiency
Attics are prime sources of energy loss in homes, so they are one of the best places to air seal. Attics that aren’t properly sealed can allow air to leak out, which forces your HVAC equipment to work harder. This results in higher energy bills.
Signs you need to insulate and seal air leaks in your attic include:
- Dirty or stained insulation in the attic
- Uncomfortably warm second story
- Air conditioner running more than normal
- Musty odors
- Excessive dust
- Icicles or ice dams on the roof
Common locations of air leaks in the attic include:
- Behind and under kneewalls
- Attic hatch
- Wiring holes
- Holes for plumbing and pipes
- Dropped soffits that are open to the attic
- And more
Visit ENERGY STAR® to learn more about attic air leaks and sealing»
Attic Air Sealing Services in Tacoma, WA
Air sealing is an important part of increasing home energy efficiency—in fact, it’s ideal to both install insulation and seal, especially in the attic. If you live in the Tacoma, Washington area, look no further. Pacific Partners Insulation South can install attic insulation and seal air leaks.
Contact us online to learn more about air sealing, or if you’re ready to start your project!