Insulation is an important part of any home, but how do you know where to start and what to look for? The best thing you can do is find a reliable insulation contractor in your area. An experienced insulation company can tell you what kind of insulation is best suited for your project, and explain all the other important details you need to know. However, if you still want to learn more information before scheduling insulation services, we’ve put together a guide just for you!
- Spray foam insulation is applied wet and expands into thick foam that fits snugly in wall cavities, crevices and gaps—therefore, it can be installed in hard-to-reach areas and around piping and wiring. Open-cell and closed-cell spray foam is available.
- “Blow-in” refers to a method of installation—blown-in insulation is installed with a special blowing device. Fiberglass is available in blown-in form and can be installed in many areas of a home, from the attic to the walls.
- Batt insulation comes in pre-cut panels and is typically made of fiberglass. It’s one of the most common forms of insulation available. Batts can be installed in various areas, such as the attic and walls.
- Cellulose insulation is made from recycled newsprint and other recycled paper. Consisting of up to 80 percent recycled content and requiring less energy to make than other types of insulation, it’s one of the most environmentally friendly insulation materials available.
Best Areas to Insulate
The truth is that virtually any space in your home can benefit from insulation. Attic insulation is what comes to mind for most people, but other areas of your home need to be insulated as well. These include:
- Crawl spaces
Benefits of Insulation
There are many perks to having a properly insulated home. Insulation can help:
- Lower energy bills
- Increase energy efficiency
- Enhance comfort
- Reduce noises between different levels
- Improve air quality
- And more
Schedule Insulation Installation in Tacoma, Washington
Now that you know all there is to know about insulation materials, areas to insulate in the home, and the overall benefits of insulation, you’re probably ready to schedule services! Or you may have additional questions about insulation.
If you live in the Tacoma, Washington area, contact the insulation professionals at Pacific Partners Insulation South! We look forward to hearing from you soon.