It gets freezing here in Tacoma, Washington, so homeowners are always looking for new ways to stay warm throughout the year. You may want to think about adding insulation to areas of your home. Keep reading to learn how insulation can keep your home warmer.
How Insulation Helps Keep Your Home Comfortable
Installing insulation is essential to keeping any home warm during the cooler months. By insulating your home, you can experience not only warmer indoor temperatures but also sound reduction, lower energy bills and more. Insulation works by stopping the transfer of heat—meaning it helps keep warm air inside during the winter (and cool air inside during the warm months).
In addition to improving interior comfort levels in the winter (and all year long), there are many benefits of insulating your home. Insulation can help:
- Increase energy efficiency: Insulation helps prevent heat loss and increase the efficiency of your household’s HVAC system—meaning your heating and cooling equipment runs more efficiently and is less likely to break down in an untimely manner.
- Muffle sound: Insulation helps reduces noise levels from outside and between other rooms and floors inside. This is especially useful in apartment buildings and other similar housing, where there tends to be less privacy.
- Reduce air leakage: Insulation reduces the amount of warm air leaking to the outdoors, keeping your home warmer and making your heating and cooling system operate more efficiently.
Home Insulation Installation
We install a variety of insulation materials for residential projects, including:
- Fiberglass insulation: Fiberglass insulation is available as blown-in (loose-fill) or rolls and batts. It can be installed virtually anywhere in your home, used for wall, basement, attic insulation, etc.
- Spray foam insulation: Spray foam is a great type of insulation to use if you need to fill cracks, gaps, crevices or any other small cavity. We use BASF Sprayed Polyurethane Closed Cell Foam.
Insulation Services in Tacoma, WA
Now that you understand how insulation helps keep your house warmer, you may be interested in boosting your insulation. If you live in Tacoma, or a surrounding area in Washington, contact Pacific Partners Insulation South!